Monday, July 20, 2009

The Lavender 5K


On our way back to Provo from St. George after the 4th of July weekend I noticed the beautiful purple fields right next to the freeway. They had a huge sign for the Lavender 5k coming up July 11 so I talked Gary into running the race. It didn't take much convincing because he wanted to run a few 5k's before football started, so we drovo to Mona at 6am on a Saturday morning.


Gary did really well for not running seriously since high school and I was shocked to see him up front....so shocked that this is only the picture I got of him running because I wasn't ready when I finally noticed it was him.

Lastly, I asked Gary if I could take a "Congrats You Didn't Die" photo and this is what he came up with. He couldn't just do the thumbs up like everyone else, he has to be different. As for me, I enjoyed the beautiful flowers and scenery and was very content on not running the race. We (and I'll just put words into Gary's mouth) had a great time! ;)

1 comment:

matt and jess said...

That's hilarious. I assumed when you said you talked him into running it, it meant YOU ran in it too. And I like your "I'm glad I didn't die" photo :)