Monday, August 9, 2010

Meet My Highschool Chemisty Teacher



This is Mr. Gattung. He has a love for chemistry that I wish I had a smidgen of. He taught Honors Chemisty-no idea how I landed in the class- because it was extremly hard. However, despite how hard it was I enjoyed coming to class everyday because this man loved his job which made me love learning from him.(Side story: He once asked me if I was Mormon, it caught me out of the blue, and I said yes I am. He said he could tell by the way I acted and the morals I must have shown during his class. Unfortunantly, he said he'd be Mormon himself if he could actually believe in the Joseph Smith thing. I'll have to convert him later;))
When I was a little girl I'd pretend to be a teacher and line up my stuff animals and my younger sister. I had lessons plans down and activities to do. I knew that I wanted to be a teacher when I grew up just like my mom and grandmothers. However, things changed during those teenage years and I no longer dreamed of being a teacher. But despite my change of mind, I still hold teachers at one of the highest professions of all. I don't know how Mr. Gattung or any other teacher I had make it day by day teaching a subject that most their students dreaded. But I am grateful that they chose the profession they did to teach me for my future roles that I would hold. Those special teachers change the world one student at a time.

1 comment:

Amy W. said...

Hey Carly-

Hi!! I just wandered onto your blog, courtesy of Katie. I had Mr. Gattung too, and I thought he was a great chemistry teacher! I still say "if you're not Russian, you're Stalin" all of the time, and I will always remember to "get the L out of there!"

-Amy (D.) Walker