Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

First annual Allen Family Christmas Card(blog style)
Gary: Has had a lot on his plate this year, and he handled it with ease. He's been going to school non-stop since Fall 09' and will graduate this upcoming April in Athletic Training. He's excited to see the end in sight but really, there is no end. Last week the UPS man drop off a load of MCAT prep-course materials and Gary just can't wait to dig through them after Christmas break is over, NOT. The big day is April 29th and I think I am more nervous than he is. Gary received a new ward calling in August and it was to be the 1st Counselor in the Bishopric in our married student ward. It threw both of us in to complete shock, and we wondered how Gary was going to survive. Well, we shouldn't have worried, because Gary wouldn't have it any other way. He loves the people in our ward so much and it has been such a nice surprise that he knows more people than I do! He's been blessed that is for sure. However, things still haven't changed for Gary's love of sports. He handled in being 5 intramural sports this semester, eats his cereal, lunch and dinner with ESPN on, on 2 fantasy football teams, and held loyal to his BYU football team through and through this year. That alone should be his full time job, we'd be getting paid $$$$.
Carly: Changed her major for the 5th or 6th time(in all reality, I stopped counting) and finally chose Home and Family Living. SHE LOVES IT. Gary tried to convince her that a long time ago, but she wouldn't commit and now she wonders why she didn't listen to him the first time. She plans to take every sewing class there is to take at BYU so that one day she can sew for money, and for the plain fact that she loves it. Her graduation date is still undecided, and she likes it that way...gives her more options(but don't worry Mom and Dad, I will graduate!). Carly is serving in the Relief Society, and is amazed by talented women she is surrounded with. She works at the OB clinic still and comes home with funny/frightful stories on a daily basis...(I work in the collections dept.). Her favorite things this year are sewing, blogging ;), indulging herself in the cricut machine, and watching Gary watch sports.
Gary and I this year are most grateful for our Savior and his birth. We are grateful for his life he lead and for the example he set for us to get back to Him.
We wish you all a Merry and Happy Christmas.

3 comments:

jess said...

I had no idea you loved to sew so much! I can sew in a straight line, and that's about it...I took a sewing class in high school, but it obviously didn't teach me much :) Merry Christmas!

Tess said...

Carly, what a cute idea! I am totally going to steal it and do a blog christmas card. It looks like things are going good for you! Hope to see you soon!

The Meyers said...

What a nice post! Oh, and I'd pay you to make me clothes. :) And all my girls' prom dresses.