Monday, September 17, 2012

Update on the Parents of Austin

Attention: random thoughts on what is going on-lets be honest here...I never have grammatically or coherent posts :)
Gary:
 He is working so hard in school. Thankfully he is being rewarded with encouraging test scores. He has a really busy week a head of him with 3 tests coming up, one of those being his first anatomy test. Unfortunately, this comes right around his 27th Birthday. We don't have anything special planned except that he already knows what cake he wants and that is the giant Costco chocolate cake. I am so o.k. with that idea! We will probably go out to dinner of his choice and end the night with friends and cake. He is in a softball league that plays every Wednesday night and he has really enjoyed the break from studying. Austin and I have only gone to one game because they play really late at night but we had fun chatting with all the other wives and babies. Gary also plays sports with the Elder's quorum every Saturday morning, they mix it up every week so this last week was basketball. He speaks in Church in two weeks about service so even after his tests are done he gets to plan a talk the next week. He is going to share how we met... he tells it so much better then me. Anyway, studying consumes his life. Poor Austin by Friday won't go to his Dad, but by Sunday night Gary wins him over just in time for him to leave again.

Carly:
I have kept busy during this new and single mom life I now live. I decided it was time to get my rear in gear and so I got a Y membership. I won't proclaim to be a fitness or health guru or even claim that I love exercising at all because I don't...I despise it. I made a goal to go 3x a week. I just jog walk mostly but I am sure a sweaty mess afterwords. No results so far that I've been hoping for... maybe by Christmas? I also made a goal to clean the whole house once a week on Tuesdays(the day I don't have a car). It had made the whole cleaning process so much easier to have a day set aside and to do it frequently because the house is never that bad! It feels more like preventative cleaning. My third goal was to find new recipes. I have found a few and crossed of many, we are picky eaters around here. My future goal is to read. I have never been a reader and now that I have my nights all by myself and with no cable or dish (we only get 3 clear channels) and I get bored. So I will take any suggestions! My first books I am going to read is the Hunger Games. Thankfully, I have at least the VOICE to watch though! Watching Adam brings me back to those good old days. Lastly, this paragraph wouldn't be complete if I didn't mention Austin. He is my little buddy. I love that kid so much and our relationship is just getting better and better. He loves me and I just love him back so much more. I am so grateful I've got him to keep me company. I love watching him grow and learn to do new things. I especially love when he smiles at me when I go and get him at of his crib. He might need me but I need him more.

So that is the random update on the Parents of Austin!

1 comment:

Nicole and Garrett said...

If you ever are in need of a book suggestion, let me know! I have a thousand books in mind already :)