Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Tuesday Tidbits

:Austin:
1.the end of the month has been crazy- it all started off with an ear infection...I was really hoping Austin would never get those again. Unfortunately, his tubes fell out.
2. on the last day of antibiotics we had his 6 month check-up for his hearing- he failed all on most aspects and the audiologist told me his ear was still infected
3. I got an appointment with the ENT that day(blessing)- scheduled surgery for the next Friday to put tubes back in and take out his androids.
4. Had to go back to his pediatrician to get an updated health and physical done before surgery can be approved. 
5. The afternoon before surgery Austin came down with a fever and just felt miserable. We were having the Elders over for dinner so I was just hoping we could get this day over with. However; as Gary left to go pick up the Elders, Austin came crying at my feet while I was running around with my head cut off trying to get the dinner ready. I pick up Austin and I just felt like I needed to slow down and hold him. One minute later he was puking all over me in the kitchen and I had no choice but to take it because I had food laying everywhere and didn't want to contaminate the food. Austin was hysterical, I am now trying not to puke because off the smell and being covered in it. He finally stops and I rush him into the bathroom to clean him up. I try to get a hold of Gary and to tell him we will need to reschedule.
I spent the rest of the night trying to get a hold of a doctor to see if Austin was still able to have his surgery and once we did get a hold of one he just said show tomorrow and find out.
His fever never really went away that night.
6. Anesthesiologist has no problem doing the surgery and Austin is out in 20 minutes. Fever is still there.
Take him home and just give basically whatever he wants.
7. 3 days later and Austin is still dealing with a low grade fever  
This was the Thursday before surgery- this kid does not play with his trucks laying down so I knew there was a bigger problem.

Surgery day- getting his scrubs on

he wanted to leave the whole time we were waiting

home from surgery and I had to cover the recliner in towels to protect from possible throw-up, thankfully he never did throw up but he spent the rest of the day in that chair watching TV

woke up too early one morning and cried for a good portion on the morning- silly kid will always smile through his tears if he can see himself

No comments: