Friday, October 14, 2016

1st half of October

The cooler temperatures have been so nice, it is only 10 degrees less but you can tell!
We've been playing outside more and getting way too many mosquito bites to count (zika!!!).
I am bound and determined to clean up the back yard so I can start planting things and maybe put a garden in. The boys are loving being outside and playing in the dirt (really it is sand) and when it is time to come in I basically have to hose them off. 
Gary is working a lot. This has been his hardest rotation and thankfully, we only have little less than a week and half to go. Unfortunately, he has the rotation 3 more times.
I got a job sewing pillows for an etsy company and I am enjoying doing something I love and making money. This job has also kicked in my gear to start sewing blankets again and it has been fun finding new things I want to make.
Austin is still the same boy. BUSY BUSY. The moment he wakes up until the minute he closes his eyes he does not stop. On the days he doesn't have school are tough. He wants to be entertained and be told what "fun" activity are we doing next that I am exhausted and truthfully, done with him. He has the sweetest heart and I am always impressed on what comes out of his mouth. The boy has never met a stranger. The neatest experience is realizing your son is color blind to the human race. I always made it a point to never describe someone by the color of their skin but I didn't think that would stop him from noticing the differences. He doesn't have a clue. One day at the gas station he was being Austin and started up a causal conversation with with two African Americans about why he got to pick out a treat. As they were leaving they both came up to me and told me that I am raising my son to be an upstanding man. This isn't the first time I've been told this by someone of the different race, the first time was back in Iowa when he was a year and half and waved to man getting his mail. I feel like I haven't contributed to Austin being that way at all (I'll still take the credit though, wink wink) but he was born this way! I hope and pray he remains color blind for the rest of his life. On a funnier note, he says some funny things like- I've got to put bug spray on him and he stands up straight with his arms wide out and says "stand like Jesus on the Cross" and then lets me spray him.
Lennox is such a cute little boy. He is slowly becoming less and less baby. He has a favorite TV show (paw patrol and says it like pa, pa), books, and toys. He does not like his brother's affection and honestly, Austin is a little over board with it. He started interlocking his fingers for prayer. He only lets Mommy put him to bed. He is going through the stage where he fights getting into his car seat EVERY TIME. He will give me kisses if I ask for it. He loves to help with chores, especially putting the laundry away. He is either happy or grumpy, no in between.
Well, that's about the best update I can give since there is no way I will back blog so here is to hoping I stay on top of it!


 

1 comment:

Jenny and Kyle said...

Miss those boys! Here's to hoping we can come visit you guys in sunny Florida soon. Just no Zika please... aaahhhhh! ;)